A free part-time pre-apprenticeship course in web development based in London.
Real-world coding skills.
Our cooperative, open-source web development curriculum focuses on peer-led problem solving — just like professional dev teams.
This programme prepares you to interview with tech firms for our Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship.
Web development has social impact. We’re training socially conscious candidates motivated to change the tech industry for the better.
About the Programme
The Software Foundation is offered three times a year and requires a commitment of two evenings of attending online group study sessions, and an additional 10+ hours of self-study and project work per week.
To attend you must be aged 19 or over, have the right to work in the UK, and be within commuting distance of London. If you're unsure, check your eligibility.
Although this programme is delivered virtually, successful applicants are prepared to progress onto our full-time paid Apprenticeship training, which is in-person at our Finsbury Park location.
Weeks 1-3: Markup
Git workflow, CSS layout, semantic HTML, web accessibility, HTML forms
Weeks 4-6: HTTP
Weeks 7-9: Testing
Testing libraries, unit testing, integration testing, variable scoping, debugging, test-driven development, writing code
Weeks 10-12: Interviews
Interview preparation, final project, employer interviews
- Applications close: 26th March 2023
- Software Foundation: 11th May - 3rd August 2023
- Begin full-time apprenticeship*: 14th September 2023
- Applications close: 23rd July 2023
- Software Foundation: 14th September - 7th December 2023
- Begin full-time apprenticeship*: 4th January 2024
Join other applicants on Discord and at our events as you work through our application requirements.
To be eligible for the Software Foundation, you must be eligible for an apprenticeship. In simple terms, you're eligible if:
- You are a UK or Irish citizen
- Are an EEA citizen who has pre-settled status in the UK
- You have lived in the UK continuously for the last 3 years
- Have refugee or asylum status
There are a number of other ways you might be eligible for an apprenticeship. View the full eligibility criteria. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org