Potential recruits have a high level of preparedness before they interview for their apprenticeships, with months of training under their belts.
Diverse teams are stronger. Our candidate pool comes from all different backgrounds—including school leavers, graduates, and career changers.
Get to know our talent
We spend a lot of time recruiting and training smart, curious, community-minded developers. We're looking for hiring partners that take as much pride in cultivating their dev talent as we do.
Come meet our current cohort! Hiring Q&As give you a chance to brag about your company and see if our recruits are a good fit for you. We have three apprenticeship hiring seasons:
- Spring cohort Q&A: February-April
- Summer cohort Q&A: June-August
- Autumn cohort Q&A: October-December
How does it work?
After the Q&A, you'll have a chance to interview our cohort and hire an apprentice! Apprenticeships typically last between 15-18 months. Here's how the apprenticeship training works:
- Full-time block training in the first 12 weeks of employment.
- Weekly day release for as long as is useful to both employer and apprentice.
- 5 days full-time to mentor our next cohort of learners. A FAC tradition of peer-led learning, supervised by our Course Facilitator.
- Preparation for the end-point assessment.
At the end of the apprenticeship contract, the apprentice can be given a new contract to stay on as a regular employee.
What does it cost?
The apprenticeship training can be funded entirely through the apprenticeship levy or, for non-levy payers, through levy transfers, which we can arrange. Learn more about the apprenticeship programme.