Hear from our product owners
Want to join the programme?
Product Management Training
9-week programme, ~2 hours each week
Work with developers to understand how to become an effective product owner and manage a digital product.
- Learn how to pitch your product
- Conduct and analyse user research
- Define the scope of your digital product
- Learn to manage the web app building process
- Practise sprint planning, backlog prioritisation, and sprint review
By the end of the programme, you'll be prepared to work with a product development team to build your digital product.
Design, Build, and Test
3-week programme, ~3-4 hours each week
LIMITED PLACES. We select a few projects from each Product Management Training programme to build into a web app.
- Partner with our software developer apprentices
- Put your product management training to work
- Design and test a clickable prototype with our product team
- Practise being a product owner as our developers code a working Minimum Viable Product
At the end of the programme, you'll present your product to local leaders in the social tech sector and alumni from Founders and Coders at the Tech for Better showcase.
- Application close: 1 May 2023
- Programme starts: 15 May 2023
- Application close: 4 September 2023
- Programme starts: 18 September 2023
Who can join Tech for Better?
We have limited spaces in Tech for Better and, unfortunately, can't accept everyone who applies. Here's what we look for in partners:
Come with ideas.
You should have a concept that addresses a real-world problem—during the course, we'll work on finding a solution that's scalable and code-able within our timeframe.
Prioritise social good.
You don't have to be a non-profit, but your project should have a positive social impact.
Engagement is key.
Product owners should be enthusiastic, open to feedback, and able to spend four hours per week on the programme.